The DERMALOG Criminal AFIS – employed by police departments, federal police, intelligence services, the military and judicial authorities all around the world – provides extensive support in the investigation of crimes and consequently in protecting society.
The use of fingerprint identification (dactyloscopy) and its biometric application (AFIS) is sanctioned by legal systems throughout the world.
As a consequence criminals can be convicted exclusively on the basis of identified fingerprints that they leave at the scene. For this, as an example, in many countries at least 12 minutiae must be identified. As a matter of course, the advanced status and market orientation of the DERMALOG AFIS technology is constantly guaranteed by our active participation in the advisory committees of international police organizations.
- Police database with tenprints (TP) and latent prints (LP)
- Includes TP-TP, TP-LP, LP-TP, LP-LP searching
- World's fastest AFIS coding and matching
- High-performance pre-filtration, adjustable using sample specimen
- Best performance in recognition rates
- No special hardware necessary, as commercially available standard hardware is used
- Runs on all hardware platforms and common operating systems such as Windows and/or Unix
- Use of standard databases, such as Oracle, SQL Server, Informix, etc.
- The customer has full authority over his own database – no access or data transfer to the AFIS is needed during remote maintenance.
- Coding and matching of
- epidermal ridges
- pattern centers
- Integration of digital photos and signatures
Standard PCs and laptops and/or servers on Intel/AMD/SPARC/Power hardware; open systems without additional special hardware
Microsoft Windows, AIX, Linux including Oracle Linux 5.5, Solaris 9 and recently Solaris 10 and Solaris 11
Standard RDBMS, such as Oracle, SQL Server, Informix, etc.
DERMALOG AFIS workstation software packages and DERMALOG AFIS server software packages
Modular and upgradeable, with local and peripheral stations
Standard flatbed scanner with automatic document feeder (ADF) and TWAIN interface
Various devices are available with optical scanning and chip live scanner as single-user and network solutions (live scanner for palm print and control prints is also available), 500 dpi at 256 gray scales, ANSI / NIST, WSQ compression
Finger Print Codes (Sample):
256 Bytes up to 4 kByte, depending on the application
Depending on the finger position (360° possible)
1:N (one-to-many) search and 1:1 (one-to-one) search integrated; 1:N matching with more than 100,000,000 matches per second
All variants of tenprint (TP) and latent prints (LP): TP-TP / LP-TP / TP-LP / LP-LP, additional search criteria based on one or two fingerprints
Results list/hit list with split-screen view and results printout, hit list adjustable
Unlimited, depending on the hardware used
Completely integrated (including JPEG color picture compression)
Completely integrated/easily upgradeable with existing databases
Download the current Brochure:
AFIS.pdf (1,3 MB)
Click icon to download file
DERMALOG Criminal AFIS & Palm AFIS